Monday 8 October 2007

Paris, Rugby, and Cooking

So, I used the Eurostar to go across to Paris last week for work. It felt weird not having to fly for once, but for the extra 40 minutes or so that it added to the journey time, it actually felt more relaxing. I've suggested that we use it more often, particularly after it moves from Waterloo to St Pancras...

What a weekend for the Rugby World Cup! I'm still on a buzz after the England - Australia result, and as for France/NZ, and Argentina/Scotland, it's really shaping up to be a great competition! :) Strange to think that England were written off a month ago. I had my doubts we would even make the quarter-finals, and now we're in the Semis, and with a real chance to get to the final! Can my nerves take it?!?

Finally, can anyone answer why cooking can be so relaxing and fun? It amazes me that people find it so hard to cook even the simplest meal. My current favourite recipes: Chicken with lemon, paprika, & soy sauce; Sunday Roast, braised Steak au Poivre, and my own take on Spaghetti Bolognase. My mouth's watering just thinking of them all!

No comments: